Tuesday, July 28, 2009

4th of July

I love holidays because it gives me an excuse to go to a party with my family or friends. For this July 4th we went to my parents house for a huge Baker Family 4th of July Celebration. We had a lot of fun eating dinner together, swimming busting open a pinata, and just plain old visiting. My kids really enjoyed the swimming part the best. I love this picture of Bryant, he looks so comfortable in the water when in reality he just always stays on the steps and plays. Hopefully he will get over his water fear soon, and be brave enough to swim away from the step. He did great at swimming lessons this year, and after one more year I think we will have another fish on our hands.





Alyssa really has turned into a fish this summer. She went from screaming everyday at swimming lessons to not wanting to sit in her tube at all. We recently tried putting floaties on her and she really liked to independence it brought in the water. Next summer we might have three fish, uh oh!



Aunt Paula was kind enough to take care of Kaelyn while the rest of our family was in the water. To Kaelyn's disappointment I had forgotten a swim diaper for her. She was really jealous of all of us in the water, especially since she had started to learn how to splash and get all excited while swimming. Whoever holds her in the water will no longer have a dry head at the end of swim time. Maybe next year we will be able to get Paula and Evan in the water. Come on guys it's just family. We love you no matter what, just kidding what ever you want is fine.



After swimming we had hamburgers and a ton of yummy sides. Emily and I made sugar cookies, a ton which I ended up eating a lot of the leftovers. So glad I didn't take pictures of them, cause then I would want one right now. After our delicious meal and a lot of fun visiting the kids had the chance to break open a pinata. After each kid got the chance I mentioned that I wanted a turn, and ended up breaking it. Of course I did have a bit of an advantage being a full grown adult and all but it was still fun.


Sara, along with all of our other kids candy eating age and older enjoyed ever piece of their candy. Of course, why would candy ever go to waste with five kids and two adults in the house. Our fourth cutie, Sara always enjoys sweets the most. I think she ate every piece out of her bag by the next day. My theory is always get it gone so they can't have anymore, as long as they haven't collected too much.

Overall it was a memorable 4th. We even got to watch a few fireworks in the backyard that were being shot off in Chandler. I love America and am so glad that we were able to celebrate with so many of our family members.














No comments:

Post a Comment