Sunday, June 28, 2009

Our June Mystery Dinner!

Each year my friend Mandi Tollison and I plan a murder mystery dinner. We have planned several different themes including a Luau, Chinese, Chicago Gangster, Old English, High School, and a Paris France Train Murder. This year for our 7th year we decided to plan a Hollywood Themed murder, with screen writers, directors, actors, and actresses. My brother in law Evan would have been perfect for one of the parts especialy the screen writer but Paula and him had already come to our Luau and High School dinners. We decided to invite a few new people instead.


Mandi and I always plan on having so much food. We have a different course between each round of the game. We usually start one round, and then have an appetizer. This year we had cheese fondue, it was yummy. Then we play another round and have the main course, by this time everyone really is getting into the game, and being their characters. We also are already trying to speculate who the murderer is. This year we had chicken cordon bleu, strawberry salad, and twice baked potatoes. Then we finish the game and have dessert. We had a ton of yummy desserts this year, everything from cheesecake bites, to eclairs, chocolate dipped strawberries and cream puffs. Wow, now I am hungry! Below I posted our guests and their real names as well as their character names.


Wendi (Ivonde Be Ahlone) Doug (Seldon U. Loyde)


Jason (Hackford Ryder) Mandi (Denise N. Dayer)


Craig (Savoy R. Faye) Daisy (Heidi Voltaje)



Ambre (Tatyana Eltale) Ryan (Stuart Dyron)
We all had a lot of fun, visiting and playing the game, the night was a success and we will definately be planning another murder mystery for next year. Yes, and I will not tell you who the murderer was in case you want to borrow the game and play too!


4 comments:

  1. The funny thing is that I still have the shirt I made for the high school one! :)

    It looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun!!! David and I just attended a Pirate Murder Mystery Dinner, our first murder mystery dinner ever, and we LOVED it. That food looks delicious. I wish we lived by you guys so that we could come! I'm happy you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you had a blog?! I saw your link on LeAnn's! This Murder mystery idea is SO fun! Looks & sounds like you had some delicious food as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Wendi you have a blog!! So proud of my niece. I have to add you to my list of cool people today!! Come and visit our blog!! I love the mystery dinner idea, it sounds like a blast and I love yours and Doug's names. Your children are all so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete